About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week One in O-Town

Day One in Olney....aka the Twilight Zone

We woke up kind of late- about 10am. Everyone was wore out from staying up so late the night before. My mom took Hayleigh all around outside, and they played and ran around. We lounged around somewhat, and had some of the local chowder for lunch. After eating lunch, we made our way out to Allen's grandparents' house to see them, while my mom did the touch a truck program at one of the local schools. We visited with them for a good couple of hours, then my mom came back with Magen, and we headed off to Monicals to eat a late supper. The pizza was great! I missed it! Supper was interesting, we talked about having babies, and my sister says that she wants to have triplets. I about peed my pants, then Allen called right after. I told him what she had said, and we all laughed. Right now, I just have one baby inside of me, and I have major Kudos to those who have carried multiples because I have no idea how they do it. We got back to Mom's house, and she gave Hayleigh a bath, while Magen and I relaxed, then we all went to bed.

Day Two in Olney...

We lounged around the house once again. It stormed the whole night, and Hayleigh had been plugging her ears every time it thundered. I really missed the thunder storms! We got ready, and went to eat at Dairy Queen for lunch, went past the White Squirrel shop on Main St, and two consignment shops too. Hayleigh had meltdowns in both, and managed to walk out of the last shop with a Curious George stuffed animal, with a blanket stored inside of him, thanks to Granmaw Sue.

After getting back to my mom's Hayleigh and I went back out to Allen's grandparents' house to visit with them, and get to see Hayleigh's cousin Xena, Aunt Britney, and her friend. The girls had a blast, they played the piano together, and chased each other all over the place. We had to leave a few hours later, to get ready to go meet with my dad, Grandma and Grandpa, and Uncle Dale for supper at Olde Thyme Steakhouse for supper. Of course we saw a lady that we used to live next to gossiping to her friend while in there- didn't surprise me one bit. We had a good dinner, and returned back to my mom's to watch a few movies, Friends with Kids, and Warhorse and snacked on Joe's Pizza with them. Both were okay, and we ended up sending Hayleigh to bed early, while Mom and I watched Warhorse.

Wednesday, it rained again. We all headed to Vincennes and stopped in Perk A Lawn, ate lunch at Wildwood BBQ, stopped in Big Lots and got Hayleigh some more dress up high heels to play in, stopped in past Kohl's- I won't even go into how mad they made my mom, the once loyal Kohl's shopper, then to Maurice's, and back home. Hayleigh had a fit in Maurice's and ended up getting corrected by me a few times while in there. She tested me for all she was worth those first few days. We ended up getting back to Mom's house, and relaxing the rest of the day. I honestly cannot tell you what we even ate for supper- I think left overs. Hayleigh played with Aunt Magen, and Magen gave her one of her belated birthday gifts- a vet kit. She loved it, and had fun playing with Aunt Magen.

Thursday, Magen made cupcakes for Hayleigh's late Birthday Party, Mom went and got us McD's for lunch, and we had an early visitor at the house, one of our friends stopped in to see us. That afternoon, we took naps, Mom went and mowed Grandma's yard, and Magen went back home. Mom finally made it back from mowing, and we went up and ate at El Cactus for supper, then I went by our friend's house for a good visit, while Mom and Hayleigh got to spend some time just the two of them.

Friday, Mom had to work, so we went with my dad to Walmart to get Hayleigh a few things for her to pick out, then to Dairy Queen for a few snacks, and headed to the park. Dad ended up playing with Hayleigh for an hour and a half, helping her up and down the slides and pushing her on the swings. It would have been a better visit if his wife would have quit calling to interrupt our visit, and managed to drag Dad away by fixing lunch for him- which never happens. Hayleigh and I then went back to Mom's house, changed clothes because it had warmed up, and headed out to Allen's Grandparents' house to visit. Allen's Grandpa's sister and her husband came into town for a visit, and we ended up visiting with them for a while, then I ran up to Monical's to get pizza and brought it back for us to all eat. Poor Hayleigh fell asleep not even half way into dinner, and we headed back to Mom's house.

Saturday morning, after Mom made it back home with donuts, we headed out to the local Fall Festival. We packed one of our red wagons, and took off around the park. There was not much there this year- I was disappointed, and so was Mom. The booths we wanted to hit were not there, but Hayleigh did manage to get two balloons, a ride on the fire truck with Granmaw Sue, and Grandma Una, and an Owl Pillow. We got pork burgers for lunch, cheesy fries, and pies- all really yummy, to which Hayleigh said it was all Delicious! We ended up leaving the park, and stopped by the tents they had set up on Main St too- Hayleigh got a few hair ribbons, Mom picked up a flag, and she dropped us off past her house for us to take a nap, while she went back and helped the fire fighters with the fire truck. Hayleigh and I took a good nap, then headed down to Berryville, for Allen's family reunion. We had a good dinner- fried fish, and all kinds of goodies. Hayleigh played, and we visited for a bit, then headed back to Mom's about dark. I brought Mom back a plate of fish, and we headed out to Walmart to pick up some of the last minute things needed for Hayleigh's party on Sunday. Mom was on call that night, and ended up getting called in around 11pm, and didn't make it in until late in the morning.

At the Fall Festival 

Getting ready to take off on the fire truck with Granmaw Sue
and Grandma Una

waiting in line for balloon #1

waiting for balloon #2 

it was a weiner dog 

Sunday morning, Mom got in late from a transfer, and Hayleigh and I lounged around the house. To our surprise, Magen and her boyfriend come back around 10 am to visit, and attend Hayleigh's party. The rest of the afternoon was spent running around getting everything set up, then celebrating with our friends and family a late Birthday Party for Hayleigh. Everyone had a great time, and we enjoyed watching Hayleigh run around playing, taking everyone's Mickey ears and flower necklaces. Looking back at the photos now, I now know why everyone went on about me not going to make it to 39 wks with Reid- HOLY COW!!!

Hayleigh with her flower necklace and Mickey Ears 

Hayleigh and her Godfather Garrett, trying to take his Mickey Ears

Hayleigh demanded everyone's ears and
 was not happy until she collected them. 

Hayleigh checking out her cupcakes 

Poor Christopher Robin, the cat! 

Hayleigh and I- now you can see why everyone was
 telling me I'm not going to make it to 39wks... I was 32 1/2 wks here. 

Aunt Magen and Hayleigh

Where I resided much of the party- either
plopped out on the ground, or in a chair... 

The party starting- you can see me,
the whale in the background walking around

Hayleigh's pink Hummer she got from Granmaw Sue-
it's coming out later on in the month in our Excursion. 

The party went well, and we even had Hayleigh's Aunt Britney, her friend, Bob, and cousin Xena, make a late appearance. The girls had a good time, playing while we got to visit before they had to leave too.

No comments:

Post a Comment