About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 20, 2012

35wk Dr. Visit, and Ramblings of Prego Woman

Yesterday, I took Hayleigh with me by myself to the 35 wk appointment. I ended up getting a call a few hours before the appointment, Anita, my midwife had to be at a c-section, so I had the choice of seeing another OB in the office or rescheduling for next week. Since we are already on a week to week basis now, I opted to see another OB- Dr. Whittman. She was really great. I went ahead and saw her because I wanted to be checked, so we could know what we were up against on time. We managed to make it to the appointment just fine, and early! People in the waiting room kind of annoyed me a tad bit. People do not want to watch or control their kids... seemed like I was babysitting for everyone in that room while they all read their magazines. Hopefully they found something useful in the articles they were so infused in.

Anyway, got called back, with our fabulous nurse. Weighed in- only gained 1 lb- I can handle that. Went on back to a different room than usual, got to get down to bare bottom- Yay! I knew that was a given anyway. My nurse stood there with her back to me while Hayleigh entertained her. I told her I was going to go ahead and strip, she said she could give me some privacy. I told her it was not necessary... after going through all of the visits first being pregnant with Hayleigh with my mom and Allen in the room, and after giving birth- I don't care anymore. I was re accounting one of our first visits to Dr. Gentry's office, my mom and Allen in the room and I had to strip bottoms. They both stood there and stared at me, like I was going to put on a show. I told them to start throwing money or turn around.. that was back when I was still somewhat modest. The nurse got a kick out of that, and I told her, you look at hoo hoos all day- you see one, you've seen them all... Anyway, it was only a few minutes later and Dr. Whittman came into the room, and immediately took to Hayleigh. They were buddies. I laid back on the table- measured 36- 36 1/2 wks- just a week to a week and a half out. Good sign that Reid is slowing down, and just packing on weight now. His heartbeat rate was in the 140's, still head down, but not dropped. She went ahead and checked my cervix, per my request. With Hayleigh, I was already at a 2, and partially thinned out, with Reid, nothing, and nice and thick. So, looks like we are on track to keeping him in there until we are ready for him to come out- hopefully on the 12th!!!! We went ahead and did the strep B test, even though I still have to have antibiotics when I go in- kind of pointless. Finished the appointment, and called Allen and told him the good news.

So, from there, it was game on for going to Walmart to pick up Hayleigh's toddler bed that was in. If I had been dilated any, we would have waited for Allen to get home, and I would be going home to be on partial bed rest to keep Reid in there as long as possible. So, off to Walmart we went. We have 2 here, and this was the other one that we have never been to. Kind of ghettoish I thought. Not very clean. We managed to pick up Hayleigh's bed, and find a lamp for Reid's room, after a day long debate on what lamp shade to buy. We purchased this lamp, for $21.97, and it is the only thing camo going into Reid's room. After we get his room all set up, if we don't like it, I'm taking it back, and ordering one of the lamp shades I had picked out originally.

We finally headed home, and rested the rest of the night away, watching Dark Shadows, with Johnny Depp. It was okay.  Hayleigh didn't have a nap, so she went to bed early- 8:30 last night..about an hour early for her. I managed to stay up, and got to talk to Allen for 20 minutes about the happenings of the night. I Christmas shopped- well bookmarked some things I will be getting for people for Christmas, and then went to our room to watch tv.  After debating over watching the Shinning- I've never seen it before, I decided it probably wasn't a good idea, and watched a special on Jason Aldean, then turned into bed for the night.

This morning, Hayleigh and I managed to get around the house after Allen gave us our wake up call. Talked to him for a bit, then headed out to the living room for grapes and Mickey Mouse. Since then, I've managed to pick up the house some, taking breaks to uninstall things from my computer, and watching a clip on CMT. Hopefully by the end of today, the house will be clean, and I will not be worn out completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment