About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Week One Recap

So, as I had previous stated when Allen left, I could just feel these next two weeks were not going to be very good ones. Allen was upset when he had to leave, and I was too. I cried taking him to the airport, and coming back from the airport, just me and Hayleigh. I was trying to be optimistic about the two weeks we had without Allen here, even though deep down I could just feel it all coming on. 

Sunday afternoon, we got home from the airport, and I got a few loads of laundry done. Hayleigh and I just lounged around the house, I fixed supper for us, and we watched a movie together. 

Monday, I cannot believe I cannot hardly remember what went on, but I remember getting up early to set my alarm to make sure I got the trash taken out, then realized after I talked to Allen, it was Monday, and not trash day Tuesday. Hayleigh and I went outside and played later that afternoon, and we took a nice nap - her in her bed, and me in my bed. I then got to talk to the photographer that evening about taking our maternity/family pictures, and Reid's newborn pictures. We talked for over an hour, about what we wanted to get accomplished, and just about our selves in general. It's nice to get to know someone before you meet them. I put Hayleigh to bed, and began pinning ideas for the shoots on pinterest. Hayleigh ended up getting up and sneaking around the house while I was doing this 4 times. Scared the crap out of me! Anyway, whenever she is caught, she runs to her bed, jumps in, and plays possum- like she never left her bed, and she is asleep. If you look closely at her though, you can see her grin behind her paci. 

Tuesday, I got the trash out, kind of just hung out around the house. Checked the tracking on my last packages I'm waiting on- Reid's shoes and Cardinal's jersey came that day. We talked to everyone from back home, then the trouble started. I got bit hard by Toby, our min pin male. He bit me when I was trying to put him in his crate to fix supper. I didn't know the door was closed on the crate- Hayleigh must have closed it. Anyway, Toby would not get away from the door. I tried waving him away, and telling him to get back- that's when he bit through my finger- all the way through the finger nail. I ended up running to the kitchen to get the wound clean, and in the process, he followed me into the house- Hayleigh had seen the whole deal. She was bawling, Missy was running around scared, and Toby was just running around the house- with me yelling at him to get into his crate. I was afraid he was going to bite Hayleigh, or something. I finally got him back into his crate, left Missy out for the night, and tried to find something to do with him. With Reid coming, and Hayleigh being 2 years old, I then worried about him biting them someday if one of them just happened to trip and fall on him, or were to get a little rough with him. I couldn't take that chance. I finally got a hold of Allen- he agreed something needed to be done- finding a new home for Toby. 
Wednesday, after talking to an animal control officer, I decided it would be best for me to try to find Toby a home myself. If I were to take him to the shelter- they would have a home for him immediately, according to the officer, but it would cost me $150.00. I decided after that to give Craigslist a try. Within 15 minutes of posting my ad, I had a long waiting list of people wanting to come and look at Toby, if the person in front of them did not take him home. I ended up getting phone calls and texts all day. Finally, I got Toby together, we loved on him, gave him a bath, and got him ready to meet some potential new families. The first person showed up about 5:30, with her mom. I could tell from when I first met them, they were Toby's new family. Toby and Missy did great with them, I sent one ornament with Toby's picture home with them, and told them when I got to go through the Christmas stuff, I would dig out the other ornaments I had for him, and send them to them for him. I held Hayleigh up to Toby, and she patted him, said "Bye Bye Toby"- made me want to cry. Then, she waved bye to the two ladies, and they left. They had maybe been out the door for 1 minute, and Hayleigh began to bawl, pointing at the door, saying, "Toby" over and over again. Broke my heart. I remember animals when I was little being taken home to some other family- mainly kittens, since my mama cat had three litters a year. Made me sad thinking about how sad I was then, and what Hayleigh must be feeling. I just got rid of her dog. But, it was something I had to do. I gathered Hayleigh up, went to the living room, and put in Toy Story, to distract her, and get her mind off of Toby. Needless to say, she loves Toy Story, and she forgot all about Toby being gone. We ended up finishing the evening off with mowing the backyard, programing the sprinklers, and talking to Allen for 45 minutes. I let Hayleigh stay up until 10pm, I put her to bed, only having to track her down one time from getting up, and spent an hour of some quality me time catching up on my Dallas on the DVR. I then, decided it was time to go to bed, and couldn't sleep, so I started reading on my Breaking Dawn book- I have yet to finish. After reading for an hour, I decided I was tired, and went to sleep. I was up and down all night. Hayleigh was crying in her sleep, and I've been having to visit the bathroom now at least twice through the night. So, this morning, Hayleigh and I slept in until almost 10:30- we were both tired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment