About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Blog Archive

Friday, July 20, 2012

22 wk appointment, the wait, and nerves....

I've been waiting to post how our doctor appointment went on this last Wednesday. Tate and I made it to 22 wks Wednesday, and went in after having to reschedule the appointment to that afternoon, instead of the following Tuesday appointment, the receptionist had mistakenly set us up for. Everything had been crazy up until we got there- Allen had to change Hayleigh's poopy diaper for me, since I had burnt my thumb pretty bad on a hot pot on the stove and had it on an ice pack. We got called back, and I headed straight for the scale- gained only 1lb back- so I'm still at 5lbs under what I started at. and just 4.2 total lbs gained back so far, without trying to watch what I'm eating. We went on back to the room, and got my blood pressure taken- it was high for me 128/70- really high, and I would imagine it had a lot to do with how my day had been going. (I had liked to have broken my neck after burning my thumb, tripping over the cord to the vacuum earlier, and had been a klutz since) We sat and waited- I had been chugging water down all day from headache and my teeth hurt. Anita finally came back, said I looked great- no swelling in my wrists or ankles, no problems. She got the fetal doppler out, and Tate was squirming everywhere- he kicked the monitor every 10 seconds. She tried and tried to get his heartbeat rate- never did tell me what it ended up being, because when we were listening, and could actually hear it, he would kick- and she got concerned, thinking she heard him throwing in an extra beat to his heart. She asked if it had showed up on the ultrasound a few weeks earlier- we told her no. She said it is quite common, and cures itself by the time the baby is born- not to be alarmed.....umm hmmm... and told us she would talk it over with the high risk doctor- Dr. Grey and maybe have us come back for another ultrasound, just to check it all over again. Until then, no traveling over a few hours from home, just to be safe- and keep me near my doctors here. But, she said if she didn't call us by the next afternoon- no news was good news. So, after all of that, we go over what we will be discussing at the next appointment- glucose screening, preregistering at the hospital, taking a tour, our via cord stuff, and the 3d/4d ultrasound scheduling. That's a lot to take in.

We go home, and I'm worrying about it a little- Allen is trying to keep me calm and under control. Everything was fine- we had talked it over and thought he was kicking instead of an extra heartbeat- because it was a very distinctive thud coming over the monitor- not the same heartbeat sound. But, I sit here, thinking did she hear something we didn't hear??? Yesterday, there was no phone call- so I thought, it was nothing, and we were right.

Last night I didn't sleep too well- I shot up out of bed at 2:30am to Tate being up in my ribs, knocking the wind out of me. Got settled down again, and was up again at 6, to a major leg cramp, having to stand up to get it to go away. After all of that, we slept in just a little bit, and finally made our way to breakfast and Mickey Mouse in the living room. Then, my phone rings when I am on the house phone with my mom. It's Anita.... she wants to have us come back in to go through another ultrasound with Dr. Grey- to take it easy, not stress about it, and not travel far away from here, just take it easy.... So, Mom hears all of this, and any plans I had of going home to visit are put on hold once again.. I'm now just waiting on a phone call from Dr. Grey's office to schedule the ultrasound for in a few weeks- when I'm 24 wks along, and hopefully when Allen is home.

I'm okay.. just a little frazzled. I think that was the cherry on top of my day. I've been doing really good not stressing about anything much- keeping calm and collected- very good for me. This has just sent my hormones into a little shock. Everything I've been worrying about is just magnified a little bit more. I've been tearing up off and on- I know it won't do any good to worry, but who can go on like nothing is going on after all of that? I immediately think of the worst case... I know it will all be okay. He will be okay. I guess it's just the little things- trying to keep everyone happy- I really want to come home, but now, it might not be an option for a long while. I'm afraid of disappointing everyone- our family and friends. I know they all miss us, and Hayleigh very much, but there is only so much I can do. I know that I shouldn't worry about everyone else, but I guess it is all because I care about them all so much- I don't want to hurt them. Things will be fine. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment