About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 8, 2012

One Fine Day

Yesterday morning, I got Hayleigh out of bed bright and early to head up to my doctors appointment. Of course, Hayleigh is so not a morning person, just like I am not, but we managed to make it out of the house early, and on the road. I had my glucose test that morning, so I had to drink the nice flat orange soda drink a half an hour before my appointment, so when I finished the appointment, I would be ready to get my blood drawn- no sitting around. I chugged and chugged on that bottle of orange junk for 5 minutes- gagging along the way in the truck. (We had to leave just a little before it was time for me to start drinking the stuff) Anyway, I'm gagging on this stuff since I had not eaten a thing since 9pm the night before, and I was now starving, and feeling nauseous. Every morning for the past two weeks I've been a little nauseous. Finally got it down, after Hayleigh was yelling from her car seat behind me that she wanted "Some".

On the way, we had the radio on, trying to help soothe my tummy, and keep Hayleigh quiet. I think we hit every red light along the way, but we made it to the appointment in perfect time. Along the way, we go right past the hospital to get to my doctor's office right across the street. Well, as you would know it, sitting there listening to the radio, George Strait comes on with "I Saw God Today". If you haven't ever heard this song, it talks about George and his wife having their baby girl, and noticing everything that God has a hand in while taking a break on a walk around the hospital. Of course, this song makes me cry every time I hear it. I listened to it a lot before we had Hayleigh, and I listen to it every now and then still. Well, this song came on the radio just as we were cresting up the hill before the hospital. I had to sit there and fight back tears, and we managed to make it to the parking lot, and get parked outside the doctor's office. We ended up sitting out there listening to the song, and Reid seemed to kick right along with it.

After the song was over, I managed to get myself together, and get Hayleigh out with her 2' tall Minnie Mouse doll. We trotted up to the doors, and went on in, after everyone had said Hello to Hayleigh, and complemented her Minnie Mouse. We made it up the elevator- no problems. Most of the time Hayleigh wants to be held, but was just fine holding my hand. We got signed in, and was called on back shortly, Hayleigh was behaving really well. I got on the scale- gained only another pound after a month since they last weighed me. So far, only 7lbs gained back of the 8 I had lost when I first got pregnant- doing really well, without even trying. Went on back with our nurse- I love her- just wish I could take her to the hospital with us. Got everything squared away, and Anita came in soon after. While waiting, Hayleigh sat up on the table with me, right next to me, eating her cheerios. She got down when Anita came in, and was waving and saying "Hi" to her. I went ahead and laid on back on the table, Hayleigh was patting my legs, telling me, "You okay Mommy, You okay". Little mother already~ It's funny, when I was on my way laying down, you could see exactly where Reid was- a bulge. Anita and I laughed about that- it's a good thing, meaning I haven't got too much fluid or have gained too much weight.  Anita then measured me, measuring at 31 weeks- 2 weeks ahead, so Reid is still growing at a regular pace. She then got out the fetal doppler, and went to listen to Reid's heart, he was such a squirm worm! Anita ended up putting her hand on him, to try to get him to hold still, so his heartbeat would register on the doppler. He ended up having a heart beat of 130bpm. She then felt all around, figuring out what position he was in. I told her, he has pretty much been in the same position- feeling kicks on my left and right sides just above my belly button level on each side. He was head down, and apparently has been for a few weeks- he's doing what he's supposed to! She asked about his kicks, since I'm supposed to be counting, or monitoring them. We have no problems there! At least he is gentle with me for now. I realize that the closer we get, the less room he will have, and they will start to hurt. He is his mamma's boy for now at least. Everything looked great- no swelling at all- hopefully don't get any. We then went out and scheduled out next visit for the Friday before we fly out- 2wks. Allen will be here then too. We then waited the 5 minutes I had left for the lab to draw my blood, went on back, and got it done- no problem. Hayleigh did soo good. I was very proud of her. Since I could not eat anything sugary for a few hours, instead of going to IHOP like we had planned, we ended up going on over to the hospital and getting pre-registered.

We got over to the hospital, and Hayleigh and I walked up to the entrance, and went on in to find the registration area. We signed in, and waited. A lady with a cart was going around, changing out magazines, and giving out hot coco, tea, and coffee, along with coloring books and crayons for the kids. Hayleigh got a coloring book and crayons, and colored while we waited. When we first got there, we were the only ones in there, and then it seemed like I brought all of the pregnant ladies in to pre-register too. Within 10 minutes, we were called back, and there was 8 pregnant women in there, not counting me. I was the only one with a child along with. While waiting there, all of the pregnant ladies without kids, I'm assuming they were all first time moms, sat and smiled and watched Hayleigh. I could tell they were all dreaming of their babies while watching her- just the way they sat there looking at her coloring with her Minnie Mouse. Anyway, we went on back, had a nice visit while registering with the older gentleman putting in our information. He congratulated us, and told us now all we have to do when Reid decides to come, is to go on up to labor and delivery- no need to stop back by admissions again.

Of course while we left, I was dreaming while walking with Hayleigh about what was to come in that place. We left smiling, and Hayleigh was attempting to skip with her Minnie. We ended up just going on home, and I fixed lunch for us both, resulting in an early nap for us both.

We fixed supper, I made Hayleigh a new fall shirt, and then went outside and mowed the back yard- yes, I pushed the mower through the front room again... I'm telling you it is great!! We ended up sitting outside watching the sunset, Hayleigh playing in the grass, while I relaxed in the chair with my feet kicked up. We came in, fixed popcorn, and watched Father of the Bride Part II- one of my favorite movies. Perfect ending to a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment