About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Phase I

Yesterday morning, Allen finally left for North Dakota. It has been hard without him here, we really miss having him here with us. All day yesterday, Hayleigh and I kind of just lounged around the house- we took a nap together on our bed, played with Hayleigh's dolls, cleaned up the kitchen, and got most of our Easter/Spring stuff out and put up. It has been very quite around here, besides Hayleigh's commentary around the house. She loves all of the bunnies that are out, and I have been catching her packing them throughout the house, making them "hop".

The house is just not the same without Allen's presence here. Kind of cooler in some ways- I had to turn up the heat, but he really does warm up a room with his presence. I miss my friend. :(  Last night we went to bed early- 8:30 - both me and Hayleigh. The bedroom looked so lonely. I should be celebrating getting the whole bed to myself- not dragging myself to bed.  I didn't sleep well, I kept tossing and turning, looking for Allen to snuggle up to and was up half a dozen times, getting a drink, checking on Hayleigh, etc. I just could not get good sleep at all. This should get easier I know, but not having him here makes it kind of empty here. I am just about ready to go downstairs, and turn on a show he would watch or something. I would turn on the xbox and just listen to modern warfare, but he took his xbox with him, so I could eventually get a new one here to take with us when we moved. We usually do a xbox chat party with the kinnect- kind of like skype, except on your tv. I still need to set up a skype account in the meantime, not only to talk to Allen on, but a friend I have that is living in Germany too.

Anyway, Hayleigh has been quite a little helper- trying to help me clean, and make a mess, just so we have something more to clean. She will not leave my potted ivy alone. Digs the dirt out of it. Sigh... toddlers! Today, we got the dishes all done, Hayleigh's dishes done, the laundry caught up- I just need to get it all put away. (I'm planning on finishing that with my little helper as soon as I get this post done) We vacuumed twice- thanks to Hayleigh, got the Easter/Spring stuff all finished- just have to get a few outdoor things put up, and cooked lunch for Allen's Grandparents- visiting with them for the afternoon.

It has been nice having our families trying to keep me busy, and making this easy on me. I know they understand just how hard this is, and will be, and it is just nice to know they keep us on their minds, and in their hearts. We had a nice lunch and visit with Allen's Grandpa's family today- some where up from Florida, just passing through. I really enjoy getting to visit with them- we talk a little bit on facebook, but it really does lift your spirits to have a nice visit with family you don't get to see that often. Hayleigh also had a great time visiting- she had a little cousin to keep her occupied- running all around, and sharing a leap frog pad.

Allen arrived in Williston this afternoon, and got checked into the motel he will be staying at for the next few weeks. He met his roommate after checking in- the room mate had just checked in as well. Allen called after getting settled in. His roommate seems to be a nice guy- married with a baby boy on the way in a little less than a month. His roommate also has a friend that is an Assistant Frac for Halliburton that has worked for them for a year. The friend will be taking Allen's roommate and Allen along with him for a tour of the town, and answering questions about the job Allen and his roommate will be doing. I cannot tell you just how relieved I was to hear this. I've always known in my heart that this is what we are supposed to be doing- everything is coming along like it should, and just working out.

 I am excited and scared at the same time- excited about what is to come, but at the same time, kind of sad- missing our family and friends before we even leave. In the end I know this will all work out for the best~

No comments:

Post a Comment