About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's MY Life!

Well, Saturday was an interesting day... It was my most emmotional day so far that is. Allen and I got up and left the house at 6am on Saturday morning, Allen stopped and picked me up some breakfast on the way to Evansville, to help settle my nerves. We arrived a half hour early, so we had time to sit and read, while we waited for the staff to arrive at the clinic. We went ahead on in, and signed in when they opened the doors.. This was Allen's first visit with me to this clinic. I got right in for my blood work. My blood pressure was soo low, it took over 3 min. from the time I was stuck, to get a vial of blood. They were going to check my estroegen levels to gauge how many follicles would develop into mature eggs.

So, I then went back with Allen for my ultrasound, to check the number of follicles I had maturing. The lady giving the ultrasound, was not very nice at all. She acted like I was taking her Saturday away from her. I doubt if she has ever went through any of this treatment personally...prob. a fertile myrtle! ugghhh! Anyway, the last lady I had perform the last ultrasound I had done, was really nice. Of course, she was helping fill in from Indy- just my luck not to get her again! The lady started the ultrasound, I asked her how many follicles was too many to have. She bluntly stated "We will discuss this after the ultrasound." She then turned the monitor away from me, and then went on to say that I had 2 follicles on my right side- she was on my left... so now you know how much faith I have in this lady. She also said that I had 2, or 3 on my left,(really my right). She thought there was a 3rd behind the second one on my (right). Anyway, she printed off the pictures of the ultrasound, not even showing them to me. Hormones are about to rip her head off right now, because I am feeling soo pushed off right now.

I got dressed, and then just walked out into the hallway, she never said where she would meet me. She then said that we should probably wait a cycle since I am sooo young and responded soo well to follistim injections, and they would lower my dose the next cycle, even though she knows that this is all expensive, and didn't want to bankrupt us with babies. UHHHHH!!!! What does she know about our finances????? I wanted to say, it is okay for you to just waste our money praticing then, since you knew I have PCOS, and with PCOS, I would respond better than others, why did you start me on a higher dose? - don't worry, I'm okay now- Anyway, she said with my age, this would be the RESPONSIBLE thing to do. I then told her we had been trying for over 5 years now- she then says, "ohhh, well that's going to help." She then asked what Allen's count was, I told her that the doctor in Effingham, told us that it was around half. This whole time- she is making the diagnosis- not the DOCTOR! Anyway, she says it is on the chart for 35 million- which was from 2 years ago. She then gets us out of the office, by me writing out the check for $494.00, and says she would call us in a few hours with my estrogen levels, to know how many follicles are likely to mature.

Needless to say, I left there a mess! One would think she would have the decancy to be nice, or, to just let my doctor talk to me. So, we rode home the whole way from Evansville with me sick, and upset. I just kept calling her a bitch the whole way home. We got to mom's to get the smaller needle for the HCG injection- for IF we got to do it. I gave her the recap, she was mad- she said she is not the doctor, and has no right to offer a diagnosis, and she shouldn't have said anything. So, after mom made me feel better, we ran home. I saw that the clinic had called just right before we got home, so I listened to the message. I was sooo upset, she told me that the level was too high, and the chance that all 5 would fertilize and mature would be 10%. I then called her back, acted like I had not heard the message, she then recaped what she had said on the message. I then asked her what the chances of multiples were right now... she could not give me a number, would not give me the estrogen level, or tell me the size of the follicles. I asked if it was my call to go ahead with the iui, we fully understood from the beginning what we were facing for risks of multiples, and were okay with it. She then changed her tune,and told me that fetal reduction could be a possibility. I told her we understood, and would deal with it IF we had to deal with it. I know that if it is a thing that has to be done, it has to be done. She then gave me the instructions on when to take my HCG trigger injection- which would have to be done at 8pm that night- while we were at the Cardinal's game in St. Louis. We were then all set for Monday morning. Whew! I know that is a lot to take in, but that was my start of Saturday!

I then, after I was okay again, called my mom, and told her we were on, and called Allen's dad, and his wife and gave them the recap. They are all soo excited. Ohh, Allen just had to tell his grandma and grandpa what was going on- (they only "like" me because Allen and I are married.) Of course, his grandpa says this is something we should "think about". PLEASE!!!!!! DO YOU THINK WE HAVE NOT THOUGHT ABOUT ANY OF THIS? HONESTLY!!!!!! sorry hormones coming out....

Long story short, we went to St. Louis with our neighbors, had a great time. Reagan gave me the shot in the bathroom at Bush Stadium at 8pm... Cardinals won! Life is Good! Let's just hope that everything else goes this good! I'll get on here later and recap the trip to St. Louis with some pics, since it is too long to keep rambling on about right now.

So, everyone hope for the best! We could be parents to be after tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment