About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Butterflies- Make way for baby!

Well, today is the last day of my follistim injections. Yay! I don't know if my stomach has been getting more tender, or what the deal is, but, yesterday's injection hurt a little more than it usually does.

We had a long day yesterday. I rode with Allen to haul pigs to the processing plant, Smithfield, which is up around Galesburg,IL. Of course, I only took a two hour nap, so by the time we got home, which was around 8:30 last night, I was exhausted. Our neighbor stopped us at the door, and we went over to their house to visit. Yesterday was his birthday, and we are going to a Cardinals game on Saturday afternoon, to celebrate. So needless to say, by the time we got back to the house, it was 9:30.. I still had to take my follistim injection for the day. So, while Allen was taking his shower, I went upstairs to get ready for bed, take my prenatals, and my injection. By the time I went to take my injection, Allen had snuck up the stairs and watched me give myself the injection. When I was finishing, I looked up across the bar, and there Allen was smiling at me, and telling me he was proud of me. I guess I never noticed him sneaking up and standing right there, because I was focusing soo much on giving myself the injection on a spot that I had not stuck yet. It is funny, I have found that I have less sensitivity on my left side of my stomach.. I thought this was a little weird. Anyway, I am heading to bed, and Allen decides he wants something to snack on first,(he is off for the weekend and Monday). He fixes chicken noodle soup, and then he decides to let me go to bed while he eats downstairs. I through a small fit.. partially from being soo tired, and knowing I would have to get back up, and go to work at 12:30.
I got home from work this morning and just laid in bed all day- until about 2pm.. I was wipped out!

So, now after recapping all of this, we are contemplating what we want to get for supper- we are both starving of course! We are thinking Joes Pizza- a local pizza place by the high school we graduated from. Supreme pizza loaded down with everything except hot peppers, bosco sticks.. YUM YUM!!

It is kind of bittersweet, today being my last injection day. Everything has moved so fast, and we are already almost there! I am hoping that this will be the only injections I have to take, so I am looking at this like the close of a chapter... keep your fingers crossed! Tomorrow we go to Evansville for an ultrasound, and blood work. They will be checking my folicles and my LH hormone levels. I will then be instructed on when to take my trigger injection, and then we are off to St. Louis! I am already getting tired just thinking of how much running we will be doing tomorrow!

It is exciting to know that in just a few weeks we will know if this was all successful, and we will be parents! I am sure that this will be the longest two weeks of my life up until now!

No comments:

Post a Comment