About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Monday, August 26, 2013

List Making Cinderella

A glimpse into our past 3 weeks~ Yard sale, Hair Cut, Reid's 9mth pics, Otown curse, Bringing Missy home, Colorado - Home At Last!, Clothes My Mom Hoarded and sent back with us with a mountain of groceries, Kids playing in the yard, Hayleigh playing the Kinnect Disney Dance game, Halloween Up, Fruit Loops in a canister just for our Fruit Loop, My supper/lunch last night, and peach cobbler
Here we are- another week with Allen back to work. At least this time we will be staying home since the last first week of Allen being back to work entailed us traveling back to Illinois and not coming back until right before Allen come home.

I can truthfully say I am now burnt out on the drive back for now. When we made it home, I had such a ahhh it feels sooo great to be home! The kids we also equally as happy. Both were going everywhere all over the house- Reid quit crying immediately and was crawling everywhere laughing.

We were all ready to get out of the car, and get ready for Allen to be home. I can't remember if I posted it on here or not- the Otown curse.... every time we go to leave Otown to head back out here- something happens. The time before last it was the alternator and the batteries, this time it was the back glass.... Sigh... Yes, so add that to the list of many things I had to get done before Allen got home.

I unpacked like a crazy woman.. trying to get ready for our house guests, and for Allen. Allen managed to sneak in early before I had everything done. Sad thing was I had cleaned the house just before we left- worked all Sunday and Monday morning on it- and it was still not up to par for me. I was on the phone/online- getting things taken care of. I had the back glass scheduled for Monday afternoon- well, they had their count wrong in the warehouse, so Tuesday morning, the people to fix the back glass were here. You want to talk about a mess! I vacuumed and vacuumed until the excursion was clean Sunday- we went grocery shopping, then on Tuesday, I had to take all the duct tape make shift back glass down. Surprisingly it worked well, but come to find out- MAKE A MENTAL NOTE LADIES.. you can go to any auto shop, and get a clear tight plastic cover made for this instead of using duct tape. Allen found out after the fact we made the duct tape wonder...

Anyway, got the back glass replaced, our company left, and we kind of just floated on the rest of our week.

Of course, Saturday night came and I was coming up with things I wanted to get done for the next few weeks before Allen got home- to keep busy. He will be with us for 2 whole weeks this next time- he's taking vacation to go elk/bear hunting. While coming up with a list, we try to get our extra little bit of family time in before Daddy leaves. I even give Allen his first at home hair cut- we bought our own set of clippers. I did a good job, but was soo busy cleaning up the hair and trying to get the kids in a bath to take pictures. Allen helped tuck them in after we spent all evening putting Halloween stuff up and playing on the floor. Yes, you read that right- Halloween stuff up inside the house. I have a lot, and I want it to be worth while to put it up before taking it down. Anyway, off track again.. We got a new kinnect game for Hayleigh- a Disney Dance Party game with all her favorite Disney shows/movies songs all in one. She wasn't so hip on dancing, but watching me and the kids on the game dance. She then found our stash of Disney sing along movies, and it was on- they are all VHS.. do we have a VCR? Nope... So the hunt was on for a VCR. It was thankfully a short hunt, with the kid's Great Grandpa Bob coming to the rescue! He got it sent out to us, and it should make it to us by Thursday.

So, my lists.. I come up with one every time Allen gets ready to leave- trying to keep busy, and take care of stuff that needs done. I am thinking that my list is way longer than I need it to be, but as always, I'll keep adding to it.

Yesterday, I got the excursion back in the garage- waiting to hear back from our landlords on what they want to do about fixing the garage door- the bracket that connects it to the arm of the opener just popped off- the door is a brand Lowes sells, and this seems to be a very common problem. You would think they would figure out glue and small screws will not work on this method. Anyway, excursion in garage- check, vacuumed, did laundry, cooked both supper/lunch in one with a peach cobbler, got sheets/bedding all washed and clothes put away. I think that was pretty much it.

Today, I got the dishes all put up and done, trash out to the curb, vacuumed again, started with cleaning out the fridge- ended up cleaning behind it and behind the stove.. ONE word... NASTY! Not anymore at least!~ Fixed left overs for lunch- put more clothes up, got 2 more loads of laundry done- one left to go, and cleaned the bathrooms.

This week I have yet to update the kids' baby books, get their appointments scheduled with their ped, my appointment scheduled with a dermatologist here so I can start up on my shots for my psoriasis again, go to the store, clean out the excursion- started phase one of that today, clean out the garage and rearrange it again, finish painting Hayleigh's headboard, refinish and paint our bedside table and touch up Hayleigh's bookcase and our dresser, spray and pull weeds, give Missy a bath, change out more pictures on the wall, take our pool down, get out my fall yard decor, make a tree skirt for my halloween tree and halloween shirts for the kids, dust, and paint the front door... I think I got about all of it anyway... I need to work on some crafts with the kids and get some homemade gifts made up for approaching holidays and occasions, along with keep working on my Christmas gift stash.

One thing I swear is that I am even more busy just staying home now.. I think I'm finding more to do around the house to keep me extra busy.. with the kids, I'm getting ridiculous.

We were going to go and have a pool day here this week, but the weather has been rainy and it is cooling off- so I'm afraid we have missed our chance. Maybe we can hit the indoor pool in Fruita yet- hoping for tomorrow.. My list can wait another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment