About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Friday, April 13, 2012

8wk Ultrasound and Baby #2

So, Thursday, I went with one of my good friends to get my first ultrasound done for this new baby- to get to see and hear a heartbeat, and make sure that the baby was growing and thriving. I always think I will cry going to things like this, but I never seem to. I guess I'm just too happy. Everything went very well, except for the receptionist at the front counter in admissions. She knows my mom, and does not apparently know what is now going on between my mom and I, but brought it upon herself to try to make me feel like a pile of crap. She sees  me and tells me that I know I am killing my mother..... REALLY??? I do not know why people have to get themselves involved in other people's business. It really just bummed me out after the ultrasound what she had said and knowing that I was there to get something done. The more I sit and think about it, the more I want to call the hospital and talk to someone there about what happened. That lady may not know what I was there to do, but intentionally tried to ruin my day. I guess I am just the most upset over that it did not ruin the ultrasound, but it did ruin the rest of my evening, because I let what she said get to me. It was a special day for me, and she ruined most of it. I am fine now, but still planning on doing something about what was said- someone should know what she is doing at her desk when she is bored and not busy. Anyway, here is the video of part of the ultrasound. We didn't find it necessary to keep recording my ovaries after the tech finished checking out the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment