About Me

My photo
Western North Dakota , United States
My husband, Allen, and I are high school sweet hearts. We started dating Sep.99'- I kind of followed Allen home one day, and never did leave, is Allen's story. November 02' we were engaged, and on November 22,2003 - we were married. Having been married for 6 years in 2009, marked the 5th year we had been trying to start our family. With the referral of a Fertility Specialist from a friend, our IUI attempts ended up being a complete success despite my doubts. We welcomed our sweet little girl, Hayleigh into the world on June 30,2010 at 6:28am after 37wks and 1 day of gestation. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 20 in long. We found out that we were Baby #2 on April Fool's Day- a complete surprise! Reid Allen was born 11/13/12 3:24am 9lbs 8.2oz 21", after 38wks 5 days. Our 3rd baby, Eva Jane, was born on April 19, 2015 after suffering a pregnancy loss June of 2014. We are currently anxiously awaiting baby #4 due 2 days before Eva's birthday, so we are having Irish Twins! Our family is so blessed and happy to be growing!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Walking, Waddling, Waiting, the ticking time bomb...

So, here I sit on our couch at 4am, while everyone in the house is asleep, scouring the internet for ideas on how to get Reid to come out TODAY. I am now 38 wks 4 days, and MISERABLE to say the least. I did have a doctor appointment on Friday, to which it disappointed me to no end. I was dilated to 3 1/2, my blood pressure was a little high, I am swelling like a balloon now, and I gained 5 WHOLE POUNDS!!!!! I now weigh the same as I did when I delivered Hayleigh, and I have now gained the same amount of weight as when I was pregnant with Hayleigh. I am more than ready for Reid to come out!!!

Allen, Hayleigh, and I having fun on my ball...aka my chair

I have no makeup on, and have shower hair, so don't judge me...

Since my mom got here, her and my MIL have been walking me like a dog. I do get contractions that stay consistent for about an hour, then come and go, then completely stop. I've had back pains and "back labor" as my mom would put it. I am ready to just be knocked out. My belly could not possibly get any tighter.

While shopping yesterday with my mom, doing lots of walking, I got compliments from a sweet lady in Michaels. I finally got to wear the last piece of maternity clothing I had that I haven't had the chance to wear. It was a red sweater that I had first bought when I was pregnant with Hayleigh- almost didn't fit because of my belly sticking straight out. Well, this lady was in check out with us, and just went on about how much she loved my sweater and my cute "bump". I thanked her, and we talked about trying to get Reid out, how big he possibly is, etc. She of course wished me good luck, and left. I kind of laughed when she left and said that I thought of my belly as more of a mass now, than a "bump". "Bump" sounds nice and round, and smaller than what I have. Mom and I then after took off to Walmart, and I had the shopping greeter follow me around the store, making sure I didn't have Reid in there. She said she was all ready to catch Reid... that was a little weird. At least she didn't touch my belly.

After all of the walking, waddling, and shopping, we made it home to relax. After a nice nap, I came in the living room to help mom and Hayleigh put Christmas stuff up. Might as well do something productive if Reid is going to be stubborn like his dad was. At least Allen feels sorry for me, and has been giving some great foot and back massages to help out, along with the assisted lifting of my heavy butt.

I've been getting kind of moody from waddling everywhere, and losing everything, only to find it right under my nose...umm well, belly.... I'm just tired.

Last night, I liked to dropped to the ground when I went to open the back door to cool off. It had snowed quite a bit, and none of us had a clue. So, today, Hayleigh is going to get to play in her first Colorado snow!!

Anyway, we are on baby watch...I'm like a bomb now that everyone watches and jumps when I make any noise. We go back to the doctor tomorrow morning now, if Reid hasn't come by then. The more this weekend drags on, the more I think it will be Wednesday before he comes out...I am set to be induced on that day, if he has not come by then. Let's just hope and pray that if he doesn't come today, that at tomorrow's appointment, I'll be dilated more, and enough to get admitted. One could only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment